Face of my little ANGEL

Face of my  little ANGEL

Thursday, August 7, 2008

This week is almost over but lots has happened. School is starting, tomorrow the kids come for half a day. John , Joe, Betty Jane and myself decided last week to take off on a ride for a few days. I was so excited to get away...think they were also. So, Friday morning we loaded up and headed north........north of Mississippi that is. We were looking for anywhere that was cooler than 105...........John checked the weather and saw the best temps were in TN and NC. He has been wanted to go up there and ride the Dragon Tail for a while now. For those of you that dont know of the "Dragon" it is a road with 318 curve with steep incline mountians over a short 11 miles. You can do the math and see it is continous curves and rolls. At the end we got T shirt to say we rode the Dragon and survived........believe that is not an easy thing.
Then we rode some more great mountain roads, stopped at this gorge ,and headed home.........As soon as we came down into GA......the heat was on again.
We had many good laughs .....most of them at my expense. John and Joe give me a lots of mess, they love to pick on me. Enjoyed riding my new bike...got a few little things to get worked out , but had lots of power and seat was comfortable.
I had to go back to work this week.......have gotten all my stuff ready for the kids tomorrow.
Leave me a comment
later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know ya'll had fun. The Dragon was a tough one. Lynn said I probably set the worlds record for riding it the slowest, but I didn't care. I made it to the end and bought everything in that gift shop that said I survived!!! From the looks of the tree of shame, a lot of folks didn't live to buy a t-shirt! Still wasn't as bad as riding up Mt Nebo to me. I won't ever ride it again. Glad ya'll made it home safe and sound. Maybe we'll see ya'll at Sturgis this coming weekend if you come early, cause after it gets hot, we hit the road!!
Talk to you soon,
Terri

JD said...

Well.... I created a blog tonight. You have inspired me! Ha!Now... what the heck am I gonna write about? Hmmmm.... Maybe something eventful will happen. I will have to learn how to post pictures. Gosh... the electronic age has just wizzed by me and I am only 32. How did this happen? Anyway... visit me at www.jertney.blogspot.com I had the hardest time coming up with a name so I decided on that one. Will tell you why later. I know it sounds completely goofy. See you tomorrow! It's Friday!