Face of my little ANGEL

Face of my  little ANGEL

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Friday night the wind really did some blowing. Here in Silver City the wind whirled and whistled with a force. The power went off about 4am. Then it sounded like I was being bombed with a pine cone storm. When the sun came up and I could see outside what a surprise I had. My grill had been blown across the porch and broken into several pieces. The yard was covered with pine cones, branches, and leaves. In my garden you cant tell the lettuce from the leaves that were stripped off the trees.
SO no doubt I got started picking up the mess. This took me a few hours and my yard is small. I got all the broken parts of the grill cleaned up.
SO decided I would go get a new grill. John took me to Memphis, we shopped around then got one at Home Depot. The man is so sweet, he put it together for me ; then brought it to my house in his truck this afternoon. We had to try it out, cooked beef kabobs, potatoes and rolls.
Now it is time to get really for another week at school. Only a few more to go til summer.
Weather is looking good for the upcoming week. Maybe finally a chance to ride some.
Have a great week all.

1 comment:

JD said...

Believe me, my party days are over. Sometimes I use www.plinky.com. It is a site that gives you random prompts for your blog. The prompt yesterday was "Signs it is time to leave the party". I, of course, being the Delta girl I am, knew all the obvious signs to leave. Ha Ha...... I am so glad school is almost over. And the weather...... can you believe I slept through all of it? That is really strange for me. I was tired.