Been a while since I posted anything on here, dont think anyone reads it anyway. That is ok.......do it as my own journal. This past week end the weather was GREAT........so I was on my bike. John and I took off Sat morning about 10 and headed to the coast. He had heard of this place that biker went to eat so off we went. THE SHED.......is in Moss Point Ms. A great Bar B Q place .They have seating inside and out, bands play live music, and the food is nice. After filling up on Bar B Q we headed to our hotel. Up early Sunday and the temp was already warm in the 70's. We decided to ride Hwy 90 .......still lots of waste there...homes not rebuilt.....and sadness. Took Hwy 90 all the way to New Orleans.......this brought us in on the south side of the city through the swamp land. BOY....those people down there have had HELL. Cars still turned over in the swamps.....boats blown everywhere..........and Pier after Pier with no house. We hit I 12 north to Sliddell.....hoped the Harley place would be open but no luck. Had been telling John all I wanted to do was eat seafood, but as time was passing just settled on doing that next trip. When we hit Sliddell.he took the road toward Hammond. And for those of you that dont know that is where MIDDENDORF'S seafood Restaurant is located. Now it is about 12:30 but he said we were going. He had never eaten there and said by damn he was going to go once. Got there and the place was packed.....was a 45 minute wait. But we did and he enjoyed it. Of course I loved it. Had a great broiled flounder, John enjoyed the seafood platter. We got back on our bikes at 3:00........still a ways from home. WE hit the interstate and had a great ride , pulled up at my house at 6:15. That is a record time.........So needless to say the week end was fun and the weather was wonderful.
Later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I read this blog!!! And, you had not posted in awhile. I was beginning to wonder!
Well, I read it WHENEVER you decide to post something!!! I thought maybe you had just QUIT!! Sounds like y'all had fun and you're right- it was great weather to be riding!! talk later. Hey, we GOTTA get together SOOOON and cook something and eat!!! been missing you when you come this way. love you muches!
Post a Comment